CustomerSure Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) and any other
documents referred to in it sets out how we deal with personal information we collect from you, the individual
completing the purchase of services through the site on behalf of your company, firm or organisation or an individual user of the service.
Please read the following carefully. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is
CustomerSure Limited of John Buddle Work Village, Buddle Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 8AW. We are registered with the
Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z2548630).
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.customersure.com (our site).
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to and purchasing our
services, posting or uploading material on or to our site (including any photographs of you) or requesting further
services or information from us through the "contact" section of the site. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes,
although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
- we may collect standard log information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and
anonymous aggregate statistical information to selected advertisers who from time to time may advertise relevant and complementary products on our site.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. This information will be deleted after 3 months.
- we may collect the pages you visit on our site before you opt to take a free trial. This data is held indefinitely in an aggregated and anonymised form.
- any information necessary for purposes incidental to those listed above
Where we store your information
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your
- Our website may be hosted by a third party provider from time to time who may be situated outside the EEA and who may process personal information on our behalf.
- Our current provider is Engine Yard Inc, a US-based hosting company. Engine Yard Inc is a member of the US Safe Harbor Scheme, which
requires it to process your personal information securely and in accordance with UK data protection laws. More information about the Safe Harbor Scheme
can be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor.
- Payment transaction information is not stored on our servers and is passed to a payment processing company to process on our behalf.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of
information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee
the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will
use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your organisation and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- and to notify you about changes to our services or our terms and conditions.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you or your organisation
and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means
(e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or your
organisation (unless you consent to receiving other material by electronic means from time to time). If you are new to CustomerSure,
we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to
pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your
data or, if you have an account with us, by selecting the relevant preferences in your personal settings.
Sharing your information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may, if it is relevant, disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if CustomerSure Limited (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by the Company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CustomerSure Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- In particular, we will pass your details to appropriate payment processing providers for the purpose of administering
payments for transactions conducted via our site. Our current payment processor provider is PayPal and we currently
use Recurly for accounts and billing purposes.
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our group companies, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we
do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal
data to these websites.
Accessing your information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a
"subject access request" under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- and let you have a copy
- Any access request should be made in writing to the address below and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you
with details of the information we hold about you.
- If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete,
please contact us at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
How to contact us
CustomerSure Limited, John Buddle Work Village, Buddle Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 8AW.
- If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your personal information and we cannot resolve the matter with you directly,
you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.